The National Association of Realtors (NAR) has released its first ever home staging statistics report.
NAR surveyed real estate agents on the impact of home staging. Below are just a few of the key findings in the 2015 report:
- 81 percent of agents believe it is easier for buyers to visualize a staged property as a future home.
- Over 95 percent of buyer’s agents report staging has some effect on buyers.
- $675 is the median dollar value to stage a home.
- 12% of real estate agents believe that staging “increases the dollar value of the home” at least 11%-20%.
- Only 19 percent say that home staging has no impact on the dollar value buyers are willing to pay for a home.
- Almost a one-third (28%) of buyers are more willing to “overlook property faults” when the home is staged.
- Only 10 percent of real estate agents say home staging “has no impact” on the dollar value of the home.